Clean-up and Personal Care Kits
One of the ways our Disaster Response Team ministers to people who have experienced a disaster is to provide them with clean-up and personal care kits.
Below are the ingredient lists that you are asked to follow to assemble the kits.
Clean-Up Kit Ingredients
• Metal wire cleaning (not grill or kitchen) brush**
• Large, sturdy scrub brush
• Pair of rubber gloves
• Large, heavy-duty sponge
• 5-10 heavy-duty, 30 gallon plastic trash bags
• A common household bucket
• A personal note
* Please include this specific brand of cleaner. Other cleaners contain more water. Most of our kit storage areas are unheated. Other cleaners freeze, the containers break and then leak when thawing occurs, damaging or ruining other kits. Also, please note that this is not Clorox bleach.
** PLEASE, NO grill cleaning brushes or brushes intended for kitchen sink use. They are not effective in a disaster cleanup situation. A metal cleaning brush is needed. Brushes that you find in grocery stores are usually not the type needed. You will find effective metal brushes with painting supplies in home improvement stores.
>> Print the clean-up kit ingredient list <<
Before you make clean-up kits . . .
The list of ingredients for a clean-up kit is very specific and needs to be followed exactly — especially the first two items.
Clean up kit items have been selected because . . .
1) they can be stored in unheated areas without damage,
2) they are large enough and sturdy enough to be effective.
The Disaster Response Team is very grateful that the thousands of kits donated have allowed us to help so many people. We are dedicated to providing the best help possible, so Team members check each kit and replace items that are not on the ingredient list. Please help us to provide the best quality kits possible and make the best use of our volunteers’ time and resources by providing “the right stuff.”
Here’s a simple way to get ‘the right stuff’ in your clean-up kits
A way for you to be sure that the kits your group assembles contain the needed items is to request cash donations (cost is $25-$35 per kit), purchase quantities of each item (possible cost savings), and hold a “kit assembly party” to put them together. Thank you for making this ministry possible.
Personal Care Kit Ingredients
• Bar of soap
• Wash cloth and hand towel
• Disposable razor
• Small container of shaving cream
• 6 Band-aids
• Small container of deodorant
• Nail file/emery board
• Personal note
Place all items in a ONE-GALLON ZIP-LOCK BAG. Place as many bags as will fit in the 12” x 12” x 12” box supplied by the Disaster Response Team.
Please contact Jim Ditzler at 330-262-3242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.