Next Application Deadline: April 8, 2018
The Ohio Conference UCC offers financial support to those who have discerned a call to and are preparing for authorized ministry.
Through the gifts of generous individuals and churches, scholarships are available for seminary education expenses to persons preparing for ordination and, in some cases, preparation for licensed and commissioned ministries.
Applicants may request funds to cover tuition, room and board, books and other expenses related to preparation for ministry.
Eligible candidates will:
• Be an active Member in Discernment (MID)in one of the Associations of the Ohio Conference UCC;
• Be attending seminary in preparation for ordained ministry or (depending on availability of funds) a program of study preparing for commissioned and/or licensed ministry as prescribed by your Committee on Ministry (or comparable body);
• Demonstrate the need for financial assistance.
• Complete the scholarship application;
• Acquire a letter of reference from his/her Association staff or member of committee on ministry (or equivalent) confirming Member in Discernment status.
Next Application Deadline: APRIL 8, 2018
When filling out this application, we’d suggest gathering the information listed to the right before beginning and write out the longer answers and save in a separate file.
After the Conference receives your application, an emailed copy will be sent to the person from whom you are requesting a reference. S/he will also receive an email request to complete the online reference form. We also suggest that you contact him/her personally to request that the reference be received by the Conference by the application deadline.