Paid and volunteer staff have already begun the big transition to ready Templed Hills Camp for all outdoor ministries program and site availability beginning in 2018. (Our ministry partner, United Camps, Conferences and Retreats, are already taking reservations now.) We can use many more volunteers who can help make this camp ready to serve our churches and members.
Here is the current list of volunteer opportunities for you and your congregation:
- A carpentry crew to build two new “porches/decks” at Heritage along with handicap ramps. (One experienced carpenter plus a handful of adult helpers, men or women.)
- A licensed electrician to install new electric panel at manager’s house and electric heat in several locations. Work with a current electrician volunteer.
- Skilled drywall installers and finishers. (3-4 adults)
- Low-skill plumbers to work with carpenters for installing sinks and fixtures in Memorial. (5 voluteers)
- Semi-skilled carpenters to install wall panels in lower Skipper bedrooms. (2-3 workers)
- Semi-skilled carpenters to complete work in new maintenance building (2-4 workers)
- An electrician to lead small crews who will install light fixtures (5-6 workers)
- A crew to install vinyl tile and/or carpet tiles.
- Demolishing a small shed.(5-6 workers)
Experienced safety-equipped persons to cut fallen trees and clear underbrush
- A carpentry crew to do repairs to pool building.
- Experience paint crews for inside work.
- Teams to clear “clutter and junk”
- Someone to do online and telephone research for buying furniture (Volunteer can work from home.)
If you’re interested in volunteering with one of these projects, contact Jim Ditzler directly via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (330-464-3318). Discuss the date you can do the work, tell him about the skills of your crew, and arrange for the supplies and tools you will need.
Thank you for all the ways you will prepare Templed Hills for the groups already scheduled for 2018, and for our Ohio Conference UCC summer outdoor ministry season.