Templed Hills Camp and Conference Center Announcement
As you know we have been examining every expense to ensure our success and sustainability through this difficult COVID-19 time.
Today, we’d like to let you know that we have secured an agreement to terminate our relationship with United Camps, Conferences, and Retreats (UCCR) for the management of Templed Hills Camp and Conference Center as of December 31, 2020.
- • Starting January 1, 2021, Templed Hills Camp and Conference Center will be owned and operated by Heartland Conference of the United Church of Christ and the management will be led by Jill Frey, Executive Director of Outdoor Ministries.
- • If you have money and/or reservations for 2021 held by UCCR, Heartland Conference will honor those. Jill Frey sent a personal email to everyone we have a record of a reservation or money held. If you have not received an email and think you have something held, please contact Jill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-901-0734.
- • In the next two months we will be setting in place our reservation process and use policies. Please be patient with us as we get these new processes and policies in place. Please watch your email, Heartland Conference e-news and social media for details in the new year. We hope you will consider coming to Templed Hills Camp and Conference Center in the future.
- • Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your support.
The Hills are Alive at Templed Hills Camp and Conference Center. However, they are doing a lot of napping as they are not in full use due to COVID-19. As we move into colder weather there will be less comfortable days for people to gather outside for any length of time. So, we expect to be napping more.
How can you help Templed Hills stay Alive?
- • Bring your household family to camp for a day hike or overnight. We are offering self-contained experiences in Lower Skipper. Contact Jill Frey for more information, email@example.com
- • Plan an outdoor family gathering for your congregation for the spring of 2021. Contact Jill Frey for more information to plan a safe experience.
- • Help your congregation plan a Camp Sunday to help your congregation know about camp. contact Jill Frey if you need resources.
- •Make a donation to the Templed Hills Camp and Conference Center Operational fund to help us cover expenses during this time of great napping. Click here to donate online. Or mail a check with a note “Camp 2.0” to Heartland Conference UCC, PO Box 1230, Worthington, OH 43085.
- •Encourage your friends and family who love Templed Hills to do the same.
“The place is important of course, it’s true. Templed Hills is my home and I’m sure it’s yours too…” Hannah MMADD camper “What it means to be Camp” 2020
- • Thank you for your support of Outdoor Ministries and Templed Hills Camp and Conference Center. Many congregations and individuals have or are planning gifts to help us through this time, and we appreciate your partnership and commitment.
- • If you missed the summer camp recap video, please check it out here.
- • Help us to ensure that Hannah and so many others have a “home” to return to when COVID is over.