Links to forms and information sheets at bottom of page.
When a congregation finds itself in a time of transition because of the departure of their minister, an interim minister can provide needed help and guidance. A group of Interim Ministers from the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and United Church of Christ [Led by the Interim Ministry Working Group (IMWG)] provides valuable resources, training and support of interim ministry and those interested in interim ministry in order to create vital congregational life.
The purpose of the Interim Ministry Working Group is to:
• Share resources about interim ministry with current and potential interim ministers as well as United Church of Christ and Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) denominational staff and volunteer authorization committees;
• Provide training for those interested in interim ministry (An Interim Ministry 3-day Training is usually offered in Fall);
• Provide continuing education opportunities for those currently engaged in interim ministry (Spring and Fall workshops);
• Administer the Rezash Fund, which supports interim ministers by providing continuing education, and, for participating members, funding for sabbaticals and subsidies during periods of unemployment;
• Create and encourage networking for those involved in Interim Ministry;
• Create and maintain a list of those in the Heartland Conference and Region involved in Interim Ministry;
• Encourage churches in transition to consider a period of time for Interim Ministry.
For more information about support and resources for interim ministry in the Heartland Conference, please contact Ralph Wearstler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Interim Ministry Covenant 2015 (Word)
• Interim Ministry & Rezash Policy (pdf)