Ministry Preparation Scholarships
The Heartland Conference UCC is thrilled to offer financial support to those who have discerned a call to and who are preparing for authorized ministry.
Through the gifts of a number of generous individuals and churches, the Heartland Conference UCC offers scholarships for seminary education expenses to persons preparing for ordination and, in some cases, persons doing programs of study preparing for licensed and commissioned ministries.
Each spring, the Heartland Conference makes a call for those preparing for authorized ministry to apply for these scholarships. Applicants may request funds to cover tuition, room and board, books and other expenses related to preparation for ministry.
Eligible candidates will:
- • Have active Member in Discernment (MID) status in one of the associations of the Heartland Conference UCC;
- • Be attending seminary in preparation for ordained ministry or (depending on availability of funds) a program of study preparing for commissioned and/or licensed ministry as prescribed by your Committee on Ministry (or comparable body);
- • Demonstrate the need for financial assistance.
- • Complete the scholarship application;
- • Aquire a letter of reference from his/her association staff or member of committee on ministry (or equivalent) confirming Member in Discernment status.